The central business district of Newark, New Jersey has a multi-purpose indoor arena named Prudential Center. Since 2007, it is the home of Seton Hall Pirates – men’s basketball program of Seton Hall University- and the New Jersey Devils of National Hockey League (NHL). The sportswriters and fans have nicknamed the arena “The Rock”. Prudential Financial is a financial institution that has the sole naming rights to the arena.
The “Rock of Gibraltar” is the logo of this financial institution and this justifies the nickname of the arena. You can say that this is the best place for hockey and basketball fans.
The number of people traveling to the US to attend and enjoy the championships held in the Prudential Center is certainly high. This is what increases the demand for hotels in that area. As a result of this, the area near the arena has numerous hotels and suites.
But this makes the task a little confusing for the travelers. Solo travelers or family groups find it difficult to choose a good hotel.
Among the wide range of hotels nearby, we’ve shortlisted five names to help you get the best for yourself. All the below-mentioned hotels are within a mile from the arena and you can any of these without any concern. After we’ve scoured the complete range available, here are the best hotels near Prudential Center, Newark:
5 Best Hotels Near Prudential Center, Newark
1.SpringHill Suites by Marriott
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Newark Liberty International, in Newark, is just a mile from Prudential Center and is in an area with good airport proximity. The Newark International Airport is just 4 mins drive away from the hotel. Apart from the arena, several attractions- like Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, Cape Liberty Cruise Port and Ellis Island- fall nearby to keep you entertained after you’re free from The Rock. With several super good notable landmarks, the Suites also falls near the Times Square for the travelers who are looking to shop. Basically, staying here gives access to almost everything that you might want to do when you’re in Newark!
- 3-star hotel with complimentary breakfast and newspapers and free airport shuttle
- Indoor pool, fitness center and a snack deli
- Rooms have coffee/tea makers, microwave and fridge
- Sofa beds and separate sitting areas
- Business-friendly and smoke-free
- Complimentary wireless Internet access
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergic beds are made available on request
- US Highway 1 and 9 S, Newark, NJ 07114, United States
2. The Grand Summit Hotel
For those who have a soft corner for vintage hotels and want to feel that vibe, The Grand Summit is the hotel you should stay in. It is a historic boutique hotel where old school meets new school. It exudes its classic styling and also offers progressive and innovative amenities and services.
The Grand Summit is not like other hotels. It has that unique vibe you might be looking for. The hotel works with local artisans, artists and craftsmen. Their pieces of art are decorated in the hotel and are also offered for sale, and a part of proceedings is donated to the Reeves-Reed Arboretum.
Maybe your stay in this hotel gets you a perfect art piece to decorate your house. Although it is 20 minutes’ drive from Newark airport, the feeling that it offers is worth spending some time in the shuttle.
- Outdoor fireplace and pool
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Private parking
- Complimentary wireless internet service
- Special diet menus on request
- Business-friendly and smoke-free
Note: Pets are not allowed.
- Springfield Ave, Summit, NJ 07901, United States
3. Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
Country Inn & Suites Radisson is a brand hotel with good shopping and airport proximity. Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall is the paradise for shopaholics and just a few minutes away. After you’re done enjoying a match or an event at Prudential Center, head on to Staten Island Mall for shopping or to Statue of Liberty for some sight-seeing.
NJ airport is just 6 minutes’ drive, and North Elizabeth Station is approximately 5 minutes’ drive from the place.
- 3-star hotel
- Indoor pool and gym
- Complimentary buffet breakfast
- Free airport and shopping centre shuttle
- Bar/lounge, spa tub and a snack deli
- Free wi-fi and daily housekeeping
- Free local calls
- Hypo-allergenic bedding on request
- International Blvd, Elizabeth, NJ 07201, United States
4. Double Tree by Hilton Newark Penn Station
Located in the business district, DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Penn Station is a 4-star hotel that is within a minimal distance from the airport and a metro station. The notable landmarks are Rockefeller Center and Times Square whereas the cultural highlights are maintained by Newark Museum and New Jersey Performing Arts Center. So, the travelers who are looking to shop might want to visit notable landmarks. The point to note is that Prudential Center is just 9 minutes’ walk from the hotel. Red Bull Arena and Cape Liberty Cruise Port are also among the nearby attractions. This hotel is at the top for travelers because of its transport convenience.
- Fitness center and bar/lounge
- 24-hour business center, self-parking and conference space
- Premium bedding and room amenities with entertainment
- Gift shop/newsstand
- Airport shuttle on request and free return airport shuttle from 5 am to midnight
- Raymond Blvd, Newark, NJ 07102, United States
5. Courtyard by Marriott Downtown
Travelers put Courtyard by Marriott Downtown among the best hotels near Prudential Center Newark, which is just 4 minutes walking distance. The famous landmarks are Times Square and the Statue of Liberty. So, if you are to shop for yourself, head to the former. After an event at Prudential Center, if you’re left with energy for an activity, check out Cape Liberty Cruise Port which is hardly 20 minutes’ drive.
- Free wi-fi in public areas but for a surcharge in rooms
- 24-hour gym
- Business and family-friendly amenities
- Hairdryers, ironing boards and phones
- Café, business center and self-parking are on site
858 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102, United States